Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finding Joy Friday

It was such a huge relief to admit my lack of happiness last week, and ever since then, it's been much easier to find joyful things. Here's a quick recap of a few of this week's moments of joy:

Ray air conducting the William Tell Overture. We were driving down to Foley for the weekend, and this came on Ray's play list. He really got into it, and the kids thought it was hilarious.

How happy my friend Erica looked at her bridal shower. Her sisters and sister-in-law put on a great shower with yummy food (I think Amelia hit the food tables no less than five times). Erica looked beautiful and so happy.

Amelia's Curriculum Night at Richland Elementary. No one can top Miss Mangum from last year, but I'm so pleased with Amelia's teacher and impressed with everything they're going to learn this year. It was also really nice to have some alone time with Ray even if it was just going to and from the school.

I'd love to hear what's making you happy this week.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I just can't picture Ray air conducting - too funny!